Frequently Asked Questions

Does the Legal Department provide legal advice to residents?

No. The office can only advise municipal departments, agencies, boards, commissions and officers. If you cannot afford a private attorney, you may call South Middlesex Legal Services toll free at 1-800-696-1501

Where are City Ordinances?

Some of the City of Lawrence's various regulations, ordinances and codes may be found by clicking here. Any one looking for a certified copy of any of these documents must get them from the City Clerk's office in person.

How do I file a claim against the City for damage to my property or injury to my person that I believe is the fault of the City?

A claim form may be picked up in person from the City Clerk's office

How do I request information on purchasing City property?

You may obtain a form for this purpose from this office. Information for the form, such as Map and Parcel numbers, are available at the Assessor's Office.