CITY OF LAWRENCE TAX AMNESTY PROGRAM
YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR A 75% WAIVER OF INTEREST ON BACK TAXES
Mayor William Lantiqua is pleased to announce the City of Lawrence Tax Amnesty Program. This is an opportunity for property owners in the City of Lawrence to pay back real estate and personal property taxes at a significant discount.
Effective immediately, property owners who pay back taxes in full by June 30, 2011 may qualify for a waiver of 75% of interest due. The program expires June 30, 2011.
How to Apply
To apply for the Tax Amnesty Program, complete an application available at the Office of the Treasurer-Collector, or the notice that was sent to you. Click here to print the application.
1. Per City Ordinance, to qualify for the Tax Amnesty Program, the taxpayer must meet the following requirements:
2. Fiscal Year 2011 taxes must be paid through the current quarter.
3. All water and sewer charges owed by the taxpayer must be paid in full, including any interest, penalties, and collection charges.
4. All motor vehicle and boat excises owed by the taxpayer must be paid in full, including any interest, penalties, and collection charges.
5. The taxpayer must be the owner of the property at the time of payment. Upon review, you may be asked by the Treasurer-Collector to provide proof of ownership.
6. Payment must be made in full by certified check, or money order. Payment must be received by the Treasurer-Collector by June 30, 2011 to apply for a 75% waiver of interest.