Election Officers staff the city’s 24 precincts on Election Day to ensure that all eligible voters can exercise their right to vote.
Poll workers help the City of Lawrence's Election Department:
- get voting locations ready for voters
- hang and remove signs
- count ballots
- check in voters
- record election activities
- check handicap access
- pack up election materials
- check ballot counts at the end of the day
The City pays poll workers stipends for working on Election Day!
Important things to know before applying:
- Applicants must registered to vote in Massachusetts. Lawrence residents given preference.
- Applicants must attend a 1 hour mandatory training session before an election.
- All poll worker shifts are for one day only.
- Full day shifts are from 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM, however split shifts are sometimes available.
- Bilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply. The City specifically needs Spanish speakers.
- Poll workers must be professional and helpful. They must be respectful of the ethnic and cultural diversity of Lawrence's voters.