Joining the Auxiliary Police is a great opportunity for individuals looking to get started in law enforcement or for community-minded adults who wish to help out in law enforcement while maintaining a full-time job or career.
To be considered for the Lawrence Auxiliary Police Force, all applicants must:
- Be a Massachusetts resident
- Be at least 20 1/2 years of age
- Pass an extensive background investigation
- Posses a valid Massachusetts driver's license
- Posses a high school diploma or General Education Degree
Each officer is required to volunteer for one assignment per week and is scheduled for other assignments at the weekly “assignment sign-up” on Tuesday evenings between 7:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. Applications are available at the front desk of Lawrence Police Department.