- Office of The Mayor
- Boards & Commissions
- Greater Lawrence Sanitary District
Greater Lawrence Sanitary District
- Last Wednesday of every month
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Jorge JaimeActing DPW DirectorPhone: 978-620-3090
Joseph R Quartarone
The Greater Lawrence Sanitary District was established Under chapter 750 of the Acts of 1968, and chapter 320 of the Acts of 1970, The Greater Lawrence Sanitary District consists of 4 members, with the City of Lawrence Director of Public Works charged ex-officio, and shall have full voting powers; 3 members of the district commission are appointed by the City of Lawrence and shall be appointed by the mayor with the approval of the city council and serve 3 year terms
The Greater Lawrence Sanitary District shall have the following responsibilities:
- The Lawrence Sanitary district shall have the following rights and authority with respect to the operations of a waste management plant following General Laws chapter 121 B section 26.
- The Lawrence Sanitary District shall manage general overseeing of waste management plant functions.
- The Lawrence Sanitary District, which may be composed of design, construction, engineering, and other professionals, district staff, or representative from one or more of the district's voting member communities shall vote on capital improvements as stated in General Law 121.
- Commission consisting of nine members (four from the City of Lawrence, two from the City of Methuen, one each from the towns of Andover and North Andover), and an ninth non-voting member from Salem, New Hampshire oversee the District. The Executive Director who is appointed by the District Commission implements decisions made by the Commission
All members of boards, commissions, authorities, and committees of the city, whether appointed by the mayor or the city council, shall be residents of the city unless otherwise provided for in the General Laws or in the Municipal Code, with the exception that no more than three members of the airport commission may be nonresidents. All applicants must be residents of the City of Lawrence. Download the application (PDF). Boards and commissions applications are also available at the:
City of Lawrence, Office of the Mayor
200 Common Street
Lawrence, MA 01840
The deadline for applications is until selected and filled. Please send your application to the Mayor's Office. Said appointment is subject to the appointment of the Mayor and the confirmation of the Lawrence City Council. The City of Lawrence is an Equal Opportunity Employer.