Mayor Daniel Rivera, with City Council President Kendrys Vasquez announce today the launch of the new and improved website of the City of Lawrence. The new website features a mobile-responsive design to provide users with ease-of-use on their smartphone, tablet, other mobile devices and home computers. “I am excited to have a new, vibrant look for our online gateway. Our new website will welcome residents, business owners and visitors to Lawrence in a modern and easy to use way,” said Mayor Daniel Rivera. “Today it is not just enough to have a city website. It must be a tool to better serve taxpayers and showcase Lawrence to the world. This website is more user friendly, offers more resources for residents and makes navigating City Hall from the web much easier.”
“Giving our residents easier, faster access to government is our top priority, and we kept that in mind throughout the development of this website. I am thrilled to have it up and running,” said City Council President Kendrys Vasquez.
The new website not only features a new design and easier navigation, but also allows users to:
- Sign up for email notifications
- Read current news stories and announcements
- Review upcoming meetings and events
- Translation function on each page (Spanish +)
- Access agendas and minutes for City Council, Boards and Commissions
- Submit requests and follow the status of those requests
- Make online water and tax payments
- See jobs postings
- See city contracts
- Access city social media
With the new website, Lawrence will be able to increase its community engagement and enhance the communication between residents and the local government.
- Sign up for resident alerts (winter parking, citywide events, etc.)
- Updated departmental contact information and resident resources
- Online building permits
- Tax payments and parking tickets
- Inspectional services online permitting
The design structure and development of the website was done by a group of city residents and city employees. Any suggestions or changes/edits you want to see can be forwarded to Email City of Lawrence Helpdesk . Visit the new website.