Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
On Saturday, June 6, 2020, Governor Charlie Baker announced that the Commonwealth would be entering Phase 2 of the reopening plan starting Monday, June 8, 2020. Today the City of Lawrence is announcing that the City will enter phase 2 on Monday, June 15, 2020.
Public health is the primary priority and motivator behind the reopening dates. As of 6/7/2020, the City of Lawrence has recorded 3,270 confirmed cases of coronavirus and 122 deaths at the hand of the virus. The total spread is unknown even in this late date. The city continues to rank 3rd in cases per capita and 5th in total infections, with a low rate of testing (despite our efforts, still less than 200 people tested per day); the City’s percentage of people testing positive was at 16% while the Commonwealth’s positive rate was a little under 5%. Our hope is that the added week will help us get more people tested and get the positive rate closer to that of the Commonwealth’s.
“Today Lawrence is still one of the easiest places to catch and transmit the virus in the Commonwealth, and in an abundance of caution, to protect consumers and workers; waiting to open up businesses further, although difficult and painful, is in the best interest of public health.” Said Mayor Dan Rivera.
- Essential businesses may continue with restrictions, some capacity limitations.
- Restaurants may continue to offer takeout and delivery options.
- The full listing of Businesses as allowed in Phase 2 may open with the Governor’s Order.
- Establishments that are currently licensed to serve food and alcohol outdoors may begin service of food and alcohol, only in the outdoor areas that are currently licensed or permitted.
- Establishments that ARE currently licensed to serve food and alcohol outdoors but would like to expand their service to additional outdoor areas (including sidewalks, parking lots & Parklets) that are not currently licensed will need to REGISTER and SUBMIT an application via Citizenserve online PRIOR to utilizing outdoor spaces, to to serve food and alcohol.
- Establishments that ARE NOT not currently licensed to serve food and alcohol outdoors (including sidewalks, parking lots & Parklets) but would like to expand their service of food and alcohol outdoors will need to REGISTER and SUBMIT an application via Citizenserve online PRIOR to utilizing outdoor space.
- All application and registration fees will be waived.
Citizenserve is a complete customer care program via online portal that allows businesses access to services including business registration, occupancy permits and other business operations essentials. To access Lawrence Citizenserve, visit www.citizenserve.com/lawrence. Questions about submitting your application can be sent to email@example.com or by calling 978-620-3130.