In compliance with United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) regulations, the City of Lawrence, Office of Planning & Development will be holding two (2) Public Hearings to receive public comments on the draft HOME-ARP Allocation Plan (Plan).
The City of Lawrence was allocated $3,174,052 for eligible activities including:
1. Production or Preservation of Affordable Housing
2. Tenant-Based Rental Assistance (TBRA)
3. Supportive Services, including services defined at 24 CFR 578.53(e), homeless prevention services, and housing counseling.
4. Purchase and Development of Non-Congregate Shelter
5. Administrative and Operating Funding
The Plan is a guide to the City’s eligible activities, qualifying populations, preferences, and programs, for meeting local housing needs and goals. The Plan will be made available for public review on March 1, 2023, both online at www.cityoflawrence.com and in hard copy format at the office location Monday through Friday from 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Written comments should be addressed to City of Lawrence, Office of Planning & Development, 12 Methuen Street, Lawrence, MA 01840, Attention: Awilda Pimentel, or emailed to email@example.com.
All written comments received prior to 4:30 PM on Monday, March 20, 2023.
The Public Hearing will be open to residents to learn more about the Plan and provide feedback. Hearings will be conducted by the City of Lawrence Office of Planning & Development at The Center, 155 Haverhill Street, Lawrence, MA 01841.
1) Thursday, March 9, 2023, at 11:30 a.m.
2) Thursday, March 9, 2023, at 5:00 p.m.
To request reasonable accommodation, including an interpreter, for this meeting or to ask questions, please contact Awilda Pimentel.
HOME- ARPA PLAN- DRAFT